Monday, June 8, 2009

Global Cycle Solutions

So, since my last post, so much has happened. Yes, I did go to Tanzania as a D-Lab trip leader (the beginning of our adventures are at d-lab-tanzania.blogspot.com), and since then so much has happened!

Rather than take you through things chronologically, let's just say that I have now graduated from MIT with a B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, and my vision of Global Cycle Solutions is becoming a reality! As for all the things that have happened up to this point, it's been incredible! I know it doesn't do it justice, but to keep things short and sweet, I'm going to bullet the events in my life.
  • MIT 100K Business Plan Contest, Development Track: Global Cycle Solutions won the Development Track! And then Global Cycle Solutions won the audience choice award at the 100K Business Plan Contest Finale! We walked away with over $30K in prize money.
  • UC Berkeley, Mechanical Engineering: I was admitted! I underwent all sorts of turmoil about whether to do Global Cycle Solutions or Berkeley, and in the end, I was able to defer to the spring! So, I'll be starting in the spring!
  • International Development Design Summit: I was selected as a participant! This year, we'll be at the Kwame Nkrumah University for Science and Technology. I can't wait!
After the International Development Design Summit, I will be heading to Tanzania to start making the first sales of Global Cycle Solutions. I will try to post at least once a week, but I will be busy, so I can't make any promises. Tutaonona!

1 comment:

Davepongw said...

My name is david williams, I am in Uganda right now and I am working with an orphanage that harvests lots of corn. The kids spend hours removing the corn from the cob for grinding. I am a mechanical engineer / MBA graduate and I would love to see if I could help them implement something here. You can reach me at dswilliams{at}ymail.com
It sounds like you have come up with a great product.