Saturday, July 18, 2009

Pedal Power at IDDS

Since being at IDDS, I’ve discovered the beauty of technology and the beauty of pedal power. I’ve heard talks from all over the world, with Suprio who added a cell phone charger to a hand pump to Prasanta who has worked on developing solar panel lighting with SELCO to working with the noble chief of New Longoro. I call him noble because I see him as “Uncle Dan”, as he has insisted I call him.

Most of all, though, I’ve discovered how lucky I am to be with pedal-powered experts from around the world. I see Gwyn, Bernard, and Joe, with backgrounds from high-performance bikes to bicycle innovations to the NGO side of empowering people through bicycles. It’s just absolutely phenomenal! I hope GCS creates a revolution, a community that creates a better world, telling the story of IDDS.

If you’re wondering what I’m talking about, I’m talking about the people. The people at IDDS are so diverse, yet there is one thing in common, the vision to create technology to empower people, to exchange ideas, and to leave IDDS ready to dive in to help our respective communities. It’s pretty spectacular, and I look forward to everything to come!

No comments: